Lets go back 18 days to the end of May and try and remember what I thought about the books I read..
The Great Gatsby – F. Scott Fitzgerald
- 2 Stars
- The characters are meant to be unlikable, I get that. I found them boring and uninteresting.
- All in all I gave this book 2 stars because while the writing was good and it was short I could have happily put it down after 10 pages and never picked it back up.
Hedgehogs in the Hall & Cats in the Caravan – Lucy Daniels
- 3 stars each
- The animal ark series was one of my favourite as a child so when someone let me borrow a couple of their books I was so excited, and they did not disappoint. If you had asked 10 year old Katherine to rate these it would have been 5/5.
- I didn’t feel like I could rate a book that took me 30 minutes to read and which I forgot pretty soon after more than 3 stars, I did love it though!
Maximum Security – Robert Muchamore
- 4 stars
- The Cherub series is another childhood favourite but this one stands the test of time more than Animal Ark and is still a good read now at the age of 23.
The Wide Window, The Miserable Mill & The Vile Village – Lemony Snickett
- 3 stars
- I’m absolutely loving rereading this series, I just felt these three weren’t as good as the first 2 in the series!